Angela LOVES macaroni. (AKA Kraft Dinner) But, when you don't find it on sale for $0.67 a box like I did *this* week, it runs for a dollar more and I'm not always willing to pay for it now that it only lasts 1 meal with Angela and Audrey eating it as opposed to the 2 or 3 when it was only Angela. So, while I was getting some treats at Bulk Barn (Best place ever. Love it.) I saw a container of Mac and Cheese powder. I thought, this is excellent. It's KD sauce and I can buy my own macaroni and make it for cheaper!!!!

Now, in the past, I have learned that there are just certain things that you do not try to replace. Like using "no name" shortening instead of Tenderflake or Crisco... FAIL. Do not do it. When we go shopping together and I say "I wonder if I can use "such and such" instead..." Jamie usually says, "Don't do it. Just pay for it or you will regret it." And at least half the time he's right. (It's probably more, but we'll just give him the 50% so I feel better!)

Anyhow, I thought for sure the cheese sauce would be fine!! I bought "ABC" pasta's and Ange and I journeyed home to prepare our new delicious meal..........

Well. I made it. I tasted it. I hated it.

I gave it to Ange thinking she won't care and she took 1 bite and spat it out and said "Mommy, it's 'isgusting." LOL I laughed so hard. So I failed at the processed cheese powder and luckily found some KD on sale for this week to make up for the failed event.

There are just some things you cannot replace!!

0 comments: