There were 2 beautiful baby boys born last week to friends of ours. They are just perfect little babes!

We found out this week that we will be having another girl. I am glad to know that we won't have to put a boy in a pink girls room! lol I was a little worried about that..... We haven't decided on names or anything else at the moment. I don't think we can even believe this is still happening. I certainly didn't think we would be having any more children! I guess it's a reminder that our plan isn't always going to go according to "our" plan.

It's been an emotional week as well. I mean, this has been the most emotional of all my pregnancies... I get choked up during the On-Star commercial when the pregnant lady gets in an accident and her husband says "I'm on my way!!" Haha. But while these beautiful babies are being born, I have learned of a few other friends who were not as fortunate and lost their sweet babies. There are only so many words that can be said to comfort. I cannot imagine the feelings that are going through their hearts as they had to say goodbye to their sweet angels.

I am lucky enough to have two healthy girls who I get to tuck in every night. And when they are asleep, I go back in their rooms and re-cover them with blankets and watch them dream. I rub their faces and memorize the contours of their face. I always walk out of the room and say to Jamie "I love our girls". Those few simple moments to watch them peacefully and dream and hope for them are so precious. I now understand why my mom used to come in to our rooms late at night and kiss our foreheads even as we were young adults.

I am so grateful for the beautiful gospel that we have. I can only imagine how my friends are feeling, and sympathize with them as much as I can. And I know that through the gospel, and the sealing blessings that are available to us, we will see these angels again. I wish them all the strength and love that I have that they will be comforted. I do not know the answers to why but I have been reminded for the last two months of the scriptures Isaiah 41:10. "Fear not, for I am thy God. Be not dismayed for I am with you." I wake up in the mornings thinking these lines. I keep it with me and it is most cherished. I am grateful that there is someone who knows how we feel at all times and that we can go to Him and lay these feelings at His feet, and He will help us carry them. I know I cannot do it on my own.

0 comments: