I crochet. My mother taught me to crochet. Why not teach me to knit?!
OK - Here's why I want to learn to knit.
For Christmas 2006, Jamie bought me this perfect book for knitting baby clothes. And, because I didn't know how to knit, I never used it!
So, for over 2 years, I have had this book staring at me. And it only goes up to 2 years old. SO. I made up my mind to knit.
After 5 hours of failure, I turned to Jamie red-faced, exhausted, on the verge of crying and nearly ripping my hair out because of the headache I had built up. :) Quite the picture, ain't it??
Now, a few months later, I gave it another go. 2 knitting how to books and youtube later and we are GOOD TO GO! I have 11 of 24 rows completed for the back of the little......... I have sat here for 3 minutes trying to remember what it's called.... Oh my hecker, I have to go look in the book - SHRUG! lol I am making Audrey a shrug. I sized it for 9 months. She is already wearing 9 months clothes and she's 6 months this week, so I hope that it will still fit her!! lol That is, if upon completion, it looks like it CAN be worn! Haha This is going to be great. Seriously great.


1 comments:
I tried knitting once and failed miserably, good for you for perservering!!!
Post a Comment