(Before I begin, I do not remember if I wrote about my finger injury that happened the day before my birthday.... But if I did, I'll check later, lol, the finger nail has finally fallen off!! It is a sad looking finger, that's for sure!)
Time flies!! This summer has been busy and fun filled for the kids. Going to the parks, swimming, zoo.... Angela is sporting a lovely tan!
It has been nice and cool and quite frankly, even though everyone else hates it, I am SO grateful. This is our second year in our home and we do not have air conditioning, so it has been a real blessing for us. We keep the windows open at night and the house is cool until about 3PM, and by then it's cooling off outside again! I hate to jinx it, but I hope the rest of the summer is just as beautiful!
Angela is getting so big. Oh my goodness. She says so much! She knows several books off by heart - Goodnight Moon, Pajama Time, The Going to Bed Book, Hippos Go Berserk, to name a few. She is potty trained as long as I hide the diapers from her! lol She will totally put on a diaper so she doesn't have to go on the potty! What a baddy.
She loves to sing and dance. In the car we almost always sing: Book of Mormon Stories, I Wiggle, Popcorn Popping, Sunbeam, Fun To Do, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle. Those are some of her favorites and she'll say "Song?? How 'bout..... Hmm...." While she puts her finger on her lips. lol
She is very helpful with Audrey. She will run and ask her if she's okay, she'll say "Audrey! What're want?" lol Every morning and after naps she throws open her arms and says "OOD MORNING!" (Yes, the G is supposed to be missing!) She brings her food and treats or shoves her soother in if she wants it. She also says "Shhh. Audrey, be quiet!!!" If Audrey is crying.
She has learned emotions as well. If you look sad she says "Mommy sad? Are you okay?" And she'll come give you a hug. She loves to hug during the Barney song too. lol She also does "squishies" where she hugs you really tightly!
Audrey is a nut!! She's still taking a couple steps. She crawls up the back cushions of the couch in my bedroom and grabs ahold of the bar on my bed and pulls herself up! Crazy girl. She still has no teeth. She looks so cute because she has such a huge smile!! The lack of teeth however do not stop her love of food and eating. This kid could eat for HOURS if there was an endless supply!! She ate a taco the other day courtesy of Grampa. She ate those lemon and orange gummy slices that are covered in sugar, you get from Bulk Barn?? Anyhow, she just gnawed and the piece came off!! lol She loves food. She is very good at ripping it apart with her little gums.
The kids are also on a schedule which is totally amazing. Audrey was never on a schedule other than the fact that she'd go to bed every night! lol For a couple months she would only take 2 1-hour naps in the day and it drove me crazy!! Finally she started taking naps and now she's usually awake by 8am, nap from 10-1, nap from 3.30-6 and then she goes down for the night at 8.30-9! It's fantastic since Angela didn't start a routine until she was 1!!
Anyhow, everything is great. We are doing well. We love our family and friends and have had lots of fun this summer!
We are also excited as David gets home from his mission in November and Sarah will be getting married this fall! Lots of exciting things happening!


0 comments:
Post a Comment