I remember a few years ago at church, a lovely sister gave this beautiful talk about her girls. She keeps journals for her girls (I have tried to follow her example, but I am failing miserably) and she read a few excerpts in her talk of the glimpses into eternity she had experienced. That was before I had children, though I think I may have been pregnant with Ange.... Anyhow, I have never forgotten it because I was so touched by what she'd experienced and I hoped that I would be able to share such precious experiences with my children.
This evening while I was getting Ange ready for bed, we made a whole big deal of it since she has been off a routine and with her soother, and I have been trying to wean her off it and get her back into a routine.
So, we had a bath, and then we powdered up and put some nice lotion on, and then we did pj's and I french braided her hair. She had a banana, and we read books, then said a prayer and as she was about to jump into bed, (without argument or crying!! *shock*) I asked her if she wanted to sing a song. She said yes, so I scooped her up into my arms and held her as she hugged me tight and I sang "I Am A Child Of God".
I felt so much love as I sang it to her. I am not a particularly good singer, but when I sang it this evening, it was like I was not singing. As I got to the end of the first line and then the second etc. and thought quickly "oh dear, I don't know the words" they came straight out without thinking.
She is growing so quickly, it makes me sad. I cannot believe she is going to be 2. I can't bear to think she is some day going to move away and begin her own life. I hope that I can do my best to teach her and let her know how much she is loved.
Audrey is growing too fast too. I just had her.. She is my little baby. She is almost crawling, she has such a happy personality, and she is really becoming quite the little girl.
One of the best things to see if the girls laying side by side and laughing together. They play together, and just love each other so much.
I truly do hope they are best friends for ever. That is something I definitely missed until I met Jamie. He is the only true best friend I have ever had and I am so lucky to have him as my husband and the father of my children. He is so wonderful to them. When Ange was having a hard time going to sleep and would cry when I put her down, he would go in there and sing to her and soothe her and she would go right to sleep. He is so loving.
I am so grateful to be sealed to my husband and my children and to know that I will always be with them, even when we are apart.



1 comments:
Hey Jackie,
That was a beautiful post, I too have been trying to keep a journal, but I'm glad I blog because if I didn't do that much I'd feel like a complete failure for recording important things. Your girls are beautiful, and I know what you mean when you think of how fast they are growing, mine is only 3 weeks and I'm going crazy at how fast the changes come. It is nice to know they are your forever though isn't it?
take care :)
Post a Comment