Yesterday was our friends Michelle and Romolo's wedding! It was so beautiful and they are such a cute couple.

And I was lucky enough to make their wedding cake! They were expecting 200 people, so we decided on a 5 layer cake since the top layer is kept in the freezer for their 1-year anniversary!

So, we have layers, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14-inches. And that took 2 cakes per layer. So, 10 cakes total! I got all the baking done, and it worked out great. Friday I made buttercream icing, and filled them and iced the cakes all up. And then it came time for the fondant!

I made my own marshmallow fondant because it tastes very nice. So, I made a couple batches up, and rolled it out and got 3 layers done. It was also a burned hot day and I was sweating like a mad-woman since we don't have a/c!!!

Now, cake kitchens, if you've ever been in one, are freezing cold for a reason! lol The humidity and heat makes it very difficult for the fondant to stay in 1 piece! So, there were a few emergencies, but nothing unmanageable, and the pictures show the finished product!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing!! You should make some money for me...I mean...us